We are currently recruiting for a Senior Facade Engineer, for a rare permanent opportunity based in London.
Our client are a global multi-disciplinary consultancy with an extensive network of international offices.They offer a unique place to work in stunning offices in the heart of the city.
They work on large projects across all sectors in the UK and internationally, and their building services team are established as leaders in the deployment of BIM and 3D modelling software.
- Leading a team of engineers with a core interest in existing buildings.
- Working directly with our clients, architects, contractors and supply chain.
- Producing the business plan and monitor the business opportunity for existing buildings.
- Depending on the candidate, there will be an opportunity to develop the façade team from Bristol with 3 days based in the London office and 2 in Bristol office.
- Undertaking site visits within the British Isles.
- Undertaking design yourself, you will use your knowledge and experience to guide other team members.
- Planning and monitoring the use of resources on projects.
- Attending meetings and communicate with clients and design disciplines to establish their needs.
- Reviewing technical submissions for compliance with design intent.
- Be Degree qualified and chartered or equivalent professional qualification preferred but not essential where candidate has relevant industry experience.
- Have completed a portfolio of medium to large scale projects.
- Have a breadth of experience in facade design across a range of façade types.
- Have experience of façade construction methods and types from 1960’s to current day.
- Have experience with new façade materials and technologies.
- Have a versatile skillset including knowledge of detail design, structural and building physics, testing, inspections and investigations and site experience.
- Have strong technical knowledge of fire issues associated with the façade.
- Have a good understanding of access methods to install and repair façades.
- Have good knowledge and experience of putting together façade budget costings
Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience, and our client offer a range of benefits including a generous pension contribution and profit share scheme.
For further details please apply below. Apply Online