We are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer, for an exciting permanent opportunity based in Cardiff.
Our client are a global multi-disciplinary consultancy with an extensive network of international offices. They offer a unique place to work in stunning offices in the heart of the city.
They work on large projects across all sectors in the UK and internationally, and their building services team are established as leaders in the deployment of BIM and 3D modelling software.
Based in Cardiff, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on a variety of projects including Higher Education, Healthcare, Science & Industry, Commercial and Aviation within Wales, the wider UK and Internationally.
- Leading the design of the mechanical building systems including air conditioning, heating, natural and mechanical ventilation and building controls.
- Leading the comfort and thermal analysis of buildings and spaces using modelling software such as IES.
- Managing the production of drawings, reports and specifications.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Supporting Graduate Engineers with technical expertise and mentor less experienced team members.
- Being involved in multiple projects from concept design through to practical completion covering commercial, education, healthcare and many other specialist building types.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or HVAC Engineering, or other related course.
- Have achieved, or be in the process of achieving Professional Engineering status via an appropriate professional institution.
- Have experience in the field of mechanical building services design with experience across a range of project scales and building types.
- Have a good awareness of building design beyond own discipline.
- Have experience of leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Have a desire to help develop and support the next generation of engineers.
- Have an interest and ability to work with the best UK based and international Architects and understand architectural intent.
- Be able to develop strong relationships with clients, collaborators and colleagues alike.
- Be able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness.
- Have design experience of working on healthcare, commercial, higher education or data centre projects.
- Have enthusiasm in driving a Digital agenda including automation via software such as Revit to deliver organisational value, as well as utilising visualisation tools to communicate engineering concepts.
- Have experience of delivery of projects through construction and commissioning stages.
Please contact Salvatore Vaccaro for further details on this exciting opportunity.
Job Ref: Apply Online