My client is a leading engineering consultancy company within the built environment sector currently looking to hire a Structural BIM Technician.
This company works on projects across a range of domains including defence, retail, housing, sport, leisure, culture and education.
Looking to branch out and develop new skills across a range of exciting, modern and innovative projects across the UK and internationally? This is an opportunity not to be missed for anyone in search of a new career challenge in a company that offers excellent benefits and a highly competitive remuneration package.
Principal Duties & Main Activities:
● Produce accurate and technically correct Revit drawings comprising general arrangement layouts, sections, details and reinforcement detailing.
● To be conversant with concrete, structural steel, timber and masonry detailing. Be able to develop details and sections from plans with limited input from Engineers.
● Develop details from Engineer’s sketches with minimum assistance to complete working drawings.
● To understand the principles of underground drainage and highways work and RC detailing scheduling.
● Respond to queries on drawings from external consultants, clients and contractors as necessary. Ensuring responses are recorded and actioned.
● Proficient manager of the set up and coordination of 3D BIM models within the Revit environment.
● Attend BIM kick-start meetings.
● To be proficient in the use of Revit and Navisworks for BIM modelling.
● Proficient manager of BIM models within the Revit environment.
● Assist with the preparation of Engineering Submissions and business development material with 3D sketches, models, etc.
bending schedules, etc are used in accordance with QMS procedures.
● Foster sound working relationships with the Directors and other employees.
● Ideally HNC or HND in civil engineering or building studies.
● Knowledge of administration systems and building construction.
● Experience in presentation of information in sketch and drawing form.
● Proficiency in producing working drawings for all types of construction projects; knowledge of building products and materials.
● BRE BIM Fundamentals Apply Online